Author: Pacific NW Fertility Team
The following book recommendations have been compiled to help patients with many different issues.
For further information please refer to the American Society for Reproductive Medicine at www.ASRM.org and the National Infertility Association at www.Resolve.org.
Recommended readings should not substitute for medical treatment or professional counseling. Please contact Pacific NW Fertility at 206-515-0000 for any additional questions, concerns, or feedback regarding these resources.
- Aronson, D. (1999). Resolving infertility: Understanding the options and choosing solutions when you want to have a baby. Harper Collins.
- Berger, G. S., Goldstein, M., Fuerst, M. (2001). The couples guide to fertility: Third edition. New York: Random House.
- Domar, A. D., Dreher, H. (1996). Healing mind, healthy woman: Using the mind-body connection to manage stress and take control of your life. New York: Dell Publishing.
- Domar, A. D., Kelly, A. L. (2002) Conquering infertility: Dr. Alice Domar’s mind/body guide to enhancing fertility and coping with infertility. New York: Viking.
- Friedeman, J. S. (1995). How to become your own best infertility counselor: Helping you understand your struggle; deciding what’s best for you and educating others to accept your choice. Fort Thomas, KY: Jolance Press.
- Jaffe, Janet, Diamond, Martha Ourieff, Diamond, David (2005) Unsung Lullabies. New York: St. Martin’s Press.
- Johnston, P. I. (1994). Taking charge of infertility. Indianapolis: Perspectives Press.
- Peoples, D., Rovner Ferguson, H. (1998). What to expect when you’re experiencing infertility: How to cope with the emotional crisis and survive. New York: W. W. Norton.
- Schover, Leslie, Thomas, A. J. (2000) Overcoming Male Infertility: Understanding Its Causes and Treatments. New York: John Wiley and Sons.
- Swire-Falker, E. (2004). The infertility survival handbook: Everything you never thought you’d need to know. New York: Berkley Publishing Group.
- Vargo, J. & Regan, M. (2005) A Few Good Eggs. New York: HarperCollins Books.
- Davis, Deborah L. (1996) Empty Cradle, Broken Heart, Revised Edition: Surviving the Death of Your Baby. USA: Fulcrum Publishing.
- Douglas, Ann, Sussman, John R. (2000) Trying Again: A Guide to Pregnancy after Miscarriage, stillbirth and infant loss. Dallas, Texas: Taylor Trade Publishing.
- Dubois, Ellen (2006) I never held you: A book about miscarriage, healing and recovery. DLSIJ Press.
- Islee, Sherokee (2008) Empty Arms: Coping After Miscarriage, Stillbirth, and Infant Death. USA: Wintergreen Press.
- Kluger-Bell, Kim (2000) Unspeakable Losses: Healing from Miscarriage, Abortion, and other Pregnancy Loss. USA: William Morrow Paperbacks.
- Glazer, Ellen Sarasohn. (1998) The Long Awaited Stork: A Guide to Parenting After Infertility. USA: Jossey-Bass.
- London, Nancy (2001) Hot flashes, Warm bottles: First time mothers over 40. Berkely, Celestial Arts.
- Ehrensaft, D (2005) Mommies, Daddies, Donors, Surrogates. Answering touch questions and building strong families. New York: Guilford Press.
- Erickson, T. M. (2005) Assisted reproduction: The complete guide to having a baby with the help of a third party. New York: iUniverse.
- Friedeman, J. S. (1996). Building your family through egg donation: What you will want to know about the emotional aspects, bonding and disclosure issues. Fort Thomas, KY: Jolance Press.
- Glazer, E. S. & Sterling, E. W. (2005). Having your baby through egg donation. Indianapolis: Perspectives Press.
- Mattes, Jane. (1994) Single Mothers by Choice: A Guidebook for Women Who are Considering or Have Chosen Motherhood. Three Rivers Press.
- Vercollone, Carol Frost (1997) Helping the Stork: The Choices and Challenges of Donor Insemination. Wiley Publishing.
- Bourne, K. (2002). Sometimes it takes three to make a baby: Explaining egg donor conception to young children. Victoria, Australia: Melbourne IVF.
- Jover, Carmen Martinez (2005) The Tiny Itsy Bitsy Gift of Life, An Egg Donor Story.
- Nadel, Carolina (2006). Mommy Was Your Tummy Big? USA: Lulu Press.
- Pellet, S. (2006) The Kangaroo Pouch: A story about gestational surrogacy for young children. Victoria, BC Canada: Trafford Publishing.
- Schnitter, J. T. (1995). Let me explain: A story about donor insemination. Indianapolis: Perspectives Press.
- Stamm, L. (2003). Phoebe’s family: A story about egg donation. New Jersey: Tapestry Books.